Polishing is a process which is used to remove light oxidation, scratches from the surface and swirl/haze marks which cannot be removed by washing a car. A polish remove minor surface scratches, impurities, and other imperfections to make the car's paint look brand new.
Car polishing is done before you apply wax to your car. They are different from waxes. Polish will remove dirt but will not provide any protection. Autofresh is offering you polishing pads. Each pad is specially designed for certain tasks. Autofresh is presenting a wide range of pads which are used for car polishing at different stages.
When to use a specific pad and their benefits are described in the blog. So have a look and know about each pad in details.
Yellow Foam Cutting Orbital Pad:
it is used to apply compounds on the car. It removes the scratches as well as swirls and oxidation. This pad is the most aggressive so that it is used on damaged finishes and oxidized finishes.
Conventional foam pads absorb polish quickly. Pad performance is also not good because most of the polish is trapped below the surface of the pad. This common problem is solved by the Yellow Foam Cutting Orbital Pad because of its partially closed foam cells. They often used on fiberglass or gel coat.
- The rate of POLISH ABSORBTION is slow compared to other pads.
- It enhances the polish performance.
- Pad skipping is less compared to other polishing pads.
- Surface tension is low in it So that they create less heat.
they are firm and used for removal of scratches and small defect. They are mostly used with compound and swirl removers. Orange pads are light cutting pads which work on light to moderate imperfection and produces a semi-gloss finish.
Orange pads run 10% cooler on long stroke machine compared to other. Their multi-density design increases stability and control on curved panels. Orange pads are designed for a quick cleaning as well as drying.
- Orange pads provide a smooth bold feel while maintaining the integrity of the foam for optimum contact with the surface.
- Diameter is reduced and slim profile provides evenly distributed contact for ultimate balance as well as control.
Available in Natural and European Pre-polymer foams. They are semi-firm and have high strength foam for polishing. White pads solve the problem of conventional pads that absorb the polish too quickly and reduces the performance. Their light cutting power makes them perfect for a pre-wax cleaner. They are often used after yellow or orange pad to remove the haze.
- Slow polish Absorption rate and release the polish as needed by a detailer.
- Prevents pad skipping and reduce the surface tension.
- Heat level is less while polishing.
They are used to apply one-step cleaner waxes. They can be used for polishing as well as finishing. So they are perfect for all in one product application. All in one product refers to a product which polishes as well as protects.
CCS technology in green pads solves the common problem of absorbing polish too quickly because of their strategic patterns is partially closed.
- Rate of polish absorption is slow
- Less pad skipping
- Prevents heating while polishing
Best use of black pad is with Wax, Sealants, and Glazes. It is great for beginners or professionals to restore paintwork quickly and easily. The black pad has less polishing property. Experts use it with carnauba wax.
It is specially designed for removing heavy marks of swirls, oxidation, scratches, water spots and liquid waxes. Blue pads are extremely soft. They are used in the final step of paint correction. It will work well with a finishing polish. It gives the true correction power of the product used with it.
- Quick correction of defect on hard clear coats
- Highly effective on all kind of paint system
- Reduced polishing time
- It’s easy to use
It is Non-Reticulated Pre polymer foam, designed for compounding as well as swirl removal.
Flat heavy polishing pads are used to restore oxidized and heavily swirled paint.
It stays consistent for longer periods of operation. Difference between Steamed and Un-Steamed pads is that un- steamed pads are sewn tighter together and steam pads strands bloom with heat and moisture.
- It has larger strand during the steaming process.
- It helps to reduce the amount of wool that initially sheds from the pad.
- The pad visually looks more plush and full
It is used to moderate defect removal as well as polishing of car. Flat light polishing pads are slightly less aggressive than our Orange foam.
Designed for quick cleaning and drying.
It is Specially Designed for Rupes Bigfoot Polisher and for long stroke machines. It disperses increased heat. They are COOLER on Long Stroke machines than comparable pads. Center of pad is protected by cooling chamber from concaving and balance perfectly for optimum control.
Multi-Density design increase stability and allows improved control on curved panels. Less foam movement of pad minimizes haze and micro marring.
- It provides a smooth bold feel while maintaining the integrity of the foam for optimum surface contact.
- Provide ultimate balance and control.